Afrojack Signs With Island Records and Universal Music Group
The Grammy-winning producer and DJ will release his newest track, featuring Chris Brown, to radio this week.
Music producer and DJ Afrojack has signed an exclusive worldwide deal with Island Records and Universal Music Group, through his label Wall Recordings.
The deal, announced Thursday, gives Island Records control of radio promotion and U.S. sales for Afrojack’s newest single “As Your Friend.” The track features Chris Brown and impacts pop and rhythm radio this week.
"I want to take my music to the next level, both creatively and from a business point of view,” Afrojack said. “Partnering up with Island Records will give me the chance to do both, so I am very happy we were able to make a deal. Island/UMG will promote my releases with very strong support and with great people working my music around the world.”
Afrojack also worked with Brown in 2011, co-producing and co-writing his Grammy-nominated song “Look at Me Now.” Afrojack shared a Grammy with fellow DJ David Guetta in 2010 for Madonna’s "Revolver (David Guetta's One Love Club Remix).” He also produced the song “Take Over Control” and co-wrote, co-produced and was featured on Pitbull’s “Give Me Everything.”
“Afrojack has won global acclaim for his production genius, and Barry Weiss, Steve Bartels, Karen Kwak and I did everything in our power to ensure that he join us at Island Records in the US,” said David Massey, president of Island Records. “His stellar track record speaks for itself, and we’re thrilled to join forces with an artist who continues to transform the musical landscape.”
Afrojack’s debut album is scheduled for release in the fall.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues