Agnieszka Grochowska Joins Cast of Andrezej Wajda’s ‘Walesa’
The Polish actress will play Danuta Wałesa, wife of Solidarity leader Lech Walesa.
COLOGNE, Germany – Polish actress Agnieszka Grochowska has joined the cast of Andrezej Wajda’s highly-anticipated Walesa biopic, playing Danuta Wałesa the wife of Solidarity leader Lech Walesa. Robert Wieckiewicz stars as Walesa in the period drama, which begins shooting Dec. 1 in Warsaw and Gdansk. Both Wieckiewicz and Groschowska star in Agnieszka Holland’s In Darkness, which is Poland’s candidate for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscars.
Walesa will focus on the start of the Solidarity movement, which begun with a Walesa-led workers’ revolt at the Gdansk shipyards in the 1970s.
Janusz Glowacki, who wrote the script for Wajda’s Hunting Flies (1969), has penned the Walesa screenplay. Oscar-nomined cinematographer Pawel Edelman (The Pianist, Carnage) is lensing the film.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR