'Ain't Them Bodies Saints' Trailer: Rooney Mara, Casey Affleck and a Fateful Gunshot (Video)
U.S. rights to the David Lowery-helmed film were acquired by IFC at Sundance.
The trailer for David Lowery's Ain't Them Bodies Saints has arrived.
In the film, set in the 1970s, Bob Muldoon (Casey Affleck) takes responsibility for the shooting of an officer by his wife, Ruth Guthrie (Rooney Mara). The trailer reveals much of the narrative arc of the film, including Muldoon's escape from prison and subsequent return home.
At Sundance, where the film premiered in the dramatic competition section, the U.S. rights to Saints were acquired by IFC for $1 million.
In a festival review, The Hollywood Reporter's chief film critic Todd McCarthy wrote of the film: "This poetically told Texas crime saga is deeply and, to be honest, naively sentimental at its core, which creates something of a drain on its seriousness. But it’s a constant pleasure to watch and listen to, and stars Rooney Mara and Casey Affleck both have some rewarding strong scenes."
Watch the trailer below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR