Versus to Air NHL Winter Classic Alumni Game on December 31
Also joining the Saturday afternoon telecast of the Flyers-Rangers match-up is Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia and MSG Network stateside, and the CBC in Canada.
TORONTO – The National Hockey League is hoping TV fans embrace another mid-winter classic game.
The pro hockey league on Friday unveiled plans for Versus, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia and MSG Network to air for the first time the 2012 NHL Winter Classic Alumni Game between the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers on Saturday afternoon, December 31.
CSN Philadelphia’s Jim Jackson will handle the play-by-play, while Kevin Weekes of the CBC and and the NHL Network will provide on-air analysis.
And MSG’s Al Trautwig will report on the Rangers’ bench while CSN Philadelphia’s Steve Coates will handle the Flyers bench, to include Eric Lindros and his “Legion of Doom” line.
The alumni game, to air in Canada on the CBC network, also comes ahead of the North American telecast of the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic game between the New York Rangers and the Philadelphia Flyers at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia on Jan. 2, 2012.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR