Aisha Tyler cast as female lead in 'XIII'
Stuart Townsend starring in conspiracy-thriller series
Aisha Tyler will star opposite Stuart Townsend in the hour-long conspiracy-thriller series "XIII," which chronicles the quest by a former secret operative, played by Townsend, to uncover the truth about his identity. Tyler will co-star as Jones, a military-trained CIA operative who struggles between her role as protector of the U.S. president and her personal loyalty to XIII, with whom she was once involved.
The series is produced by Canada's Prodigy Pictures and France's Cipango, and is co-produced by Gallic paybox Canal Plus. Production starts in Toronto in September and the show will air in France on Canal Plus in 2011 and on Showcasein Canada next spring. Prodigy's Jay Firestone exec produces along with Cipango's Edouard De Vesinne and Thomas Anargyros.
Tyler was the first female host of E!'s Talk Soup and had extended character arcs on "24," "CSI" and "Friends." She co-starred in the first season of CBS' "Ghost Whisperer" and currently voices the role of agent Lana Kane on the FX spy series "Archer."
Tyler is repped by Roar Management and ICM.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR