Al Jazeera Using Egypt Coverage to Edge Onto U.S. Cable, Satellite Operators
6:03 AM PST 2/1/2011 by Georg Szalai
"There's been suspicions in the government about what their true motivations might be,” says one industry exec about the network, which is not carried on Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision and DirecTV. "I think this might be a time to re-examine that."
NEW YORK – Al Jazeera’s English-language channel is hoping its coverage of the protests in Egypt will give it a new chance to win carriage by U.S. cable and satellite TV operators.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile