Al Jazeera Picks Up Singaporean-Norwegian Children's Series at ATF
"Ella Bella Bingo," the August Media Holdings program aimed at pre-schoolers, will air on Jeem TV.
SINGAPORE– August Media Holdings announced the sale of its animated series Ella Bella Bingo to Al Jazeera's children’s channel Jeem TV, at the Asian Television Forum (ATF) on Wednesday.
Singapore-based August Media Holdings co-produced the series, targeted at pre-schoolers, with Norway's Kool Produktion AS. Norwegian broadcaster NRK ordered another 52 episodes of the program earlier this year.
"After its huge success in the Scandinavian countries, we’re excited about Ella Bella Bingo’s journey to the Middle East," said Jyotirmoy Saha, founder and CEO of August Media Holdings.
Qatar-based Al Jazeera launched its children's channel in 2005, and rebranded it Jeem TV in March this year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR