Al Pacino's 'Merchant of Venice' Extended on Broadway
The show will go on a brief hiatus on Jan. 9, and then resume through February.
The Merchant of Venice will extend its Broadway run, the Public Theater announced Monday.
The successful show, which has played to over 100% capacity, stars Al Pacino as Shylock and Lily Rabe as Portia, who will appear for three additional weeks. REVIEW: Pacino's performance.
The play will take a brief hiatus on Jan. 9, its original close date, while Pacino films a movie, and then resume performances at the Broadhurst Theater from Feb. 1 - 20.
The Merchant of Venice is produced by the Public, Jeffrey Richards and Jerry Frankel, and directed by Daniel Sullivan.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR