Al Roker Breaks Silence on Viral Popularity of Incontinence Story (Video)
"I'm laughing all the way to the bank," the "Today" personality says.
Al Roker has broken his silence on the viral popularity of a recent Dateline interview, in which he described an incident in which he lost control of his bowels while visiting the White House -- a byproduct of the gastric bypass surgery that helped him drop 140 pounds.
Cornered by a TVNewser reporter on a New York street, the Today personality admitted to being surprised at the tidal wave of "poop" jokes that followed his admission.
"It wasn't until it was picked up by a website. It had been on the air for three days. No big deal -- but when you put it on a website...It's where we are today," Roker said.
Looking at the silver lining, Roker thinks ultimately that mockery over the embarrassing revelation led to increased sales of his new book, Never Goin' Back: Winning the Weight-Loss Battle For Good.
"At the end of the day, I've got a New York Times best seller...I'm laughing all the way to the bank," he said.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!