Al Roker Fails to 'Wake Up With Al'; Oversleeps for First Time in 39 Years
The TV weatherman missed his call for his early-morning Weather Channel slot, but still made it in time for his "Today" appearance on Tuesday.
For the first time in 39 years, the weather has gone unreported, due to a dormant Al Roker.
The longtime NBC Today show fixture wasn't stumped by a cold front or stuck in a freak blizzard; he simply overslept.
The weatherman on Tuesday missed his early-morning call for The Weather Channel's Wake Up With Al, on which he had been working alongside co-host Stephanie Abrams since the show's July 20 debut. The hour-long show airs at 6 am ET, but did so today without America's favorite weatherman.
Roker unabashedly tweeted the news of his mistake at 5:41 am ET:
— Al Roker (@alroker) August 6, 2013
He did indeed make it to the 'Today' set and was subjected to some playful jabbing from his NBC colleagues Savannah Guthrie, Matt Lauer and Natalie Morales:
Rip van Roker. pic.twitter.com/HLRDZjonTH
— Matt Lauer (@MLauer) August 6, 2013
— TODAY (@todayshow) August 6, 2013
So add an alarm clock to the legendary weatherman's Christmas list, right next to some Pepto-Bismol.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR