Alan Thicke Developing Game Show Format With Canada's 11 Television
The "Growing Pains" star is developing the project with the indie producer and Aussie partner Essential Media and Entertainment.
TORONTO -- Alan Thicke is getting back into the game show hosting business.
The Growing Pains star has pacted with Canadian indie producer 11 Television to develop a game show format for international distribution with Aussie partner Essential Media and Entertainment.
“Alan has an outstanding record as a producer, host and actor and we are excited to be working with him,” said executive producer Kevin Heaney, who heads up Toronto-based 11 Television with partners Chris Hilton and Jesse Fawcett, on Friday.
While short on details, the produces said the game show will see family members either stick together or turn on one another to emerge as winners.
Earlier game shows that Thicke has hosted include Pictionary and Animal Crack-Ups.
He also hosted the Canadian game show First Impressions on a Montreal TV station in the 1970s.
Thicke's game show project is the first to come out of a new partnership between 11 Television and Essential Media to create formats for English-speaking TV markets, with a Los Angeles satellite office.
Thicke is represented by Nigel Mikoski at Integral Artists and The Larry Thompson Organization in Los Angeles.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'