Alan Thicke Developing Game Show Format With Canada's 11 Television
The "Growing Pains" star is developing the project with the indie producer and Aussie partner Essential Media and Entertainment.
TORONTO -- Alan Thicke is getting back into the game show hosting business.
The Growing Pains star has pacted with Canadian indie producer 11 Television to develop a game show format for international distribution with Aussie partner Essential Media and Entertainment.
“Alan has an outstanding record as a producer, host and actor and we are excited to be working with him,” said executive producer Kevin Heaney, who heads up Toronto-based 11 Television with partners Chris Hilton and Jesse Fawcett, on Friday.
While short on details, the produces said the game show will see family members either stick together or turn on one another to emerge as winners.
Earlier game shows that Thicke has hosted include Pictionary and Animal Crack-Ups.
He also hosted the Canadian game show First Impressions on a Montreal TV station in the 1970s.
Thicke's game show project is the first to come out of a new partnership between 11 Television and Essential Media to create formats for English-speaking TV markets, with a Los Angeles satellite office.
Thicke is represented by Nigel Mikoski at Integral Artists and The Larry Thompson Organization in Los Angeles.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR