Alan Thicke Developing Game Show Format With Canada's 11 Television
The "Growing Pains" star is developing the project with the indie producer and Aussie partner Essential Media and Entertainment.
TORONTO -- Alan Thicke is getting back into the game show hosting business.
The Growing Pains star has pacted with Canadian indie producer 11 Television to develop a game show format for international distribution with Aussie partner Essential Media and Entertainment.
“Alan has an outstanding record as a producer, host and actor and we are excited to be working with him,” said executive producer Kevin Heaney, who heads up Toronto-based 11 Television with partners Chris Hilton and Jesse Fawcett, on Friday.
While short on details, the produces said the game show will see family members either stick together or turn on one another to emerge as winners.
Earlier game shows that Thicke has hosted include Pictionary and Animal Crack-Ups.
He also hosted the Canadian game show First Impressions on a Montreal TV station in the 1970s.
Thicke's game show project is the first to come out of a new partnership between 11 Television and Essential Media to create formats for English-speaking TV markets, with a Los Angeles satellite office.
Thicke is represented by Nigel Mikoski at Integral Artists and The Larry Thompson Organization in Los Angeles.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama