Alanis Morissette Performs New Single on 'Guitar Center Sessions' (Exclusive Video)
"It's a great start to a wild adventure that is this record's life," the Canadian record breaker tells THR of "Guardian," the lead-off track from "Havoc and Bright Lights" (due out August 28).
Alanis Morissette’s eighth album, Havoc and Bright Lights, will be out August 28, but even weeks away from release, some things -- especially records -- have a way of seeming incomplete. “I never feel like there’s any finish line,” Morissette revealed on the June 29 episode of DirectTV's Guitar Center Sessions, during which she played a six-song set of originals past and present.
Hosted by music supervisor and former KCRW music director Nic Harcourt, the episode features an in-depth interview with Morissette along with a rousing performance of "Guardian," the first single from Havoc.
"This song touches on how I want to protect the freedom and safety of my son, as well as of my own very self," the 38-year-old mom and Canadian record breaker tells The Hollywood Reporter. "It's a great start to a wild adventure that is this record's life. I'm excited to share it."
Watch Morissette’s Sessions performance of "Guardian" below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera