Alanis Morissette marries rapper boyfriend
Singer says she and MC Souleye tied the knot last month
Canadian-born rock singer Alanis Morissette has secretly married her boyfriend, a rapper she started dating last year, she said Monday.
The Grammy-winning musician and MC Souleye, 30, (a.k.a. Mario Treadway) tied the knot during a small ceremony at their Los Angeles home May 22, according to People magazine.
Morissette, who turned 36 last week, did not disclose details when she took to Twitter and Facebook to share the news.
"Hi guys! So happy to share with you that my man Souleye and I got married," she wrote. "We're very excited to embark on this journey with each other."
Morissette, best known for her 1995 tirade against a former boyfriend, "You Oughta Know," was previously engaged to actor Ryan Reynolds but the relationship ended in 2007.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR