Alberto Ciurana Joins Univision as Head of Programming
The executive bids adios to Mexico's Televisa.
MEXICO CITY -- Televisa veteran Alberto Ciurana is taking his talents to Miami, where he will head up programming and content at Univision.
Bringing three decades of experience to the post, he will oversee programming for Univision's broadcast and cable TV networks.
Ciurana has worked at Univision Networks and was chief of programming for 15 years at Televisa, Mexico's top network.
Televisa has a long-term program license agreement in place with its stateside partner Univision, so Ciurana's experience will prove valuable as Televisa continues to supply the U.S. Spanish-language network with the bulk of its primetime content.
Always looking to boost its presence in the fast-growing Latino market, Televisa acquired a 5 percent stake in Univision when the two media firms extended their programming pact in 2010.
Ciurana will report directly to Univision president Cesar Conde.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR