Alcon picks up 'Cryptozoo'
Graphic novel by Jerry Carr and Allan Gross
Alcon Entertainment has picked up the rights to "Cryptozoo Crew," a graphic novel by Jerry Carr and Allan Gross, tapping screenwriter Joe Gazzam to adapt it into a big screen feature.
Alcon's Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson will produce with Lloyd Phillips and Circle of Confusion's production arm.
"Cryptozoo" follows a member of a secret organization charged with protecting the identity of strange and rare animals classified as Cryptids who teams with a beautiful doctor in a quest to protect a one-of-a-kind species from falling into the wrong hands.
Alcon development executive Jesse Israel brought the project to the Warner Bros.-based shingle and will oversee it with senior vp development Steven Wegner.
Gazzam, repped by ICM and Circle of Confusion, wrote the initial draft for "Scared Straight," which Nu Image/Millennium Films is making with Nicolas Cage and John Carpenter. He also worked on the "21 Jump Street" feature.
Carr and Gross also are repped by Circle of Confusion.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR