Alec Baldwin, Carl Reiner to Honor Dick Van Dyke at SAG Awards
The actors will present the film and TV icon with the Life Achievement trophy on Jan. 27.
Alec Baldwin and Carl Reiner will both present Dick Van Dyke with the Life Achievement Award at the 19th Screen Actors Guild Awards on Jan. 27.
Back in August, SAG-AFTRA announced that it would honor the 87-year-old entertainer with the trophy for career achievement and humanitarian accomplishment.
"From his career-changing Broadway turn in Bye Bye Birdie and his deadpan humor in the Emmy winning Dick Van Dyke Show, to his unforgettable performance as Bert in Mary Poppins, he sets a high bar for actors," the guild's co-president Ken Howard said at the time.
Reiner created the Dick Van Dyke Show, and also co-starred in the Emmy-winning classic sitcom as the star's producer, Alan Brady.
Van Dyke has been honored with five Emmys, one Tony Award and a Grammy.
Baldwin, who's got seven SAGs under his belt, is nominated this year for his role as Jack Donaghy on 30 Rock and as part of the ensemble cast.
The awards show will air live on TNT and TBS.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game