Alec Baldwin Drops Out of ‘MIB III’
1:06 PM PDT 3/15/2011 by Mark Cina
He also talks 'Rock of Ages': He's taking singing lessons.
Alec Baldwin says he has has dropped out of Sony Pictures' troubled Men in Black III production."I'm not doing that. I'm out of it; the schedule didn't work out," he told New York magazine at a Roundabout Theatre Company fete Monday in NYC. As THR previously reported, production on MIB III has been delayed until March 28 to resolve script issues. Baldwin will have no time staying busy, now that he has joined New Line’s big screen version of Rock of Ages. "I'm excited to be able to work with Tom [Cruise] and Adam [Shankman]," said Baldwin, who will play former rocker Dennis Dupree. "I love Adam — he directed the Oscars when I hosted — but to do a movie with Tom will be fun." Baldwin added he’ll even sing but said it’ll be “something very modest; I might sing 'Yeah, yeah, yeah,' or something like that." Nevertheless, he has still hired a voice coach. “Does that surprise you that I would take lessons?" he asked. "You have to, you have to take it seriously." So will he dance, too? "No,” he said. “It's not that kind of thing. It's not Glee, it's rock and roll."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game