Alec Baldwin Drops Out of 'Rock of Ages' (Exclusive)
Director Adam Shankman said the '30 Rock' actor had agreed to join the cast in early March, but Baldwin has decided not to do the film.
The high-profile cast of Rock of Ages is down one star. Alec Baldwin has fallen out of the New Line adaptation of the hit Broadway musical being directed by Adam Shankman.
Shankman said March 5 that the Emmy-winning 30 Rock actor had agreed to join the cast. "Based on info I got today,” Shankman said on Twitter, “I'm gonna confirm Alec Baldwin as Dennis in Rock of Ages. Hollah." But sources say Baldwin has now decided not to do the film.
Baldwin was to have played Dennis Dupree, the owner of the Bourbon Room, the Sunset Strip nightclub at the center of the movie.
Despite Baldwin’s departure, Ages still boasts an strong all-star cast: Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Russell Brand, Paul Giamatti, Malin Akerman, Bryan Cranston, Mary J. Blige, Julianne Hough and newcomer Diego Boneta are in the roll call.
Shankman is directing from a script by Chris D'Arienzo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR