Alec Baldwin Joins 'Rock of Ages' Cast
The "30 Rock" star is latest addition to director Adam Shankman's film musical, also starring Tom Cruise, Julianne Hough and Mary J. Blige.
30 Rock star Alec Baldwin has joined the cast of Rock of Ages, New Line's adaptation of the Broadway musical. The film's director Adam Shankman announced Baldwin's participation via Twitter Friday: " Based on info I got today, I'm gonna confirm Alec Baldwin as Dennis in Rock Of Ages. Hollah."
In a separate tweet, Shankman added, "Can't wait to start #rockofagesmovie. Julianne Hough, alec Baldwin, Mary j Blige, Tom cruise confirmed. I love my cast. More to come."
As previously reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Baldwin had been offered the role of Dennis Dupree -- an ex-rocker hanging onto his glory days while he runs the Rock of Ages nightclub -- after Will Ferrell and Steve Carell passed.
Former Dancing With the Stars pro Julianne Hough boarded the project this past week as Sherrie, a small-town girl who comes to Hollywood to become a part of the 80s rock scene but takes a detour as a stripper.
Shankman is directing from a script by Chris D'Arienzo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing