Alec Baldwin Running for New York City Mayor Would be 'Great,' Says Bloomberg
But noted on his weekly radio show that the "30 Rock" star would have “to move into the city” before he can.
New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg is all for 30 Rock star Alec Baldwin entering into the race for his position, reports The Daily Caller.
Bloomberg said on his weekly radio show, “If [Baldwin] wants to run, great.”
But first things first: Baldwin has to relocate, Bloomberg said.
“He’s got time to run, but he’s got to move into the city. He’s not a city resident,” the NYC mayor added.
According to election officials, Baldwin is registered as a voter in Suffolk County and has an apartment in Central Park West, though his primary resident is in the Hamptons.
Baldwin floated it out there last week that he was interested in running for Bloomberg’s post when he wrote on his Twitter account: “Its a long way till November of 2013.”
The actor has always voiced his political aspirations. Earlier this year on an appearance on Parker/Spitzer, Baldwin indicated that he was “very interested” in getting into politics — and last year, he said similar statements to Playboy magazine.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott