Alec Baldwin Running for New York City Mayor Would be 'Great,' Says Bloomberg
But noted on his weekly radio show that the "30 Rock" star would have “to move into the city” before he can.
New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg is all for 30 Rock star Alec Baldwin entering into the race for his position, reports The Daily Caller.
Bloomberg said on his weekly radio show, “If [Baldwin] wants to run, great.”
But first things first: Baldwin has to relocate, Bloomberg said.
“He’s got time to run, but he’s got to move into the city. He’s not a city resident,” the NYC mayor added.
According to election officials, Baldwin is registered as a voter in Suffolk County and has an apartment in Central Park West, though his primary resident is in the Hamptons.
Baldwin floated it out there last week that he was interested in running for Bloomberg’s post when he wrote on his Twitter account: “Its a long way till November of 2013.”
The actor has always voiced his political aspirations. Earlier this year on an appearance on Parker/Spitzer, Baldwin indicated that he was “very interested” in getting into politics — and last year, he said similar statements to Playboy magazine.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws