Alec Baldwin Sparks Twitter Battle Against Girlfriend's Tormentor
The "30 Rock" actor invited his followers on the social media forum to contact an anonymous offender who posted repeated attacks against his girlfriend.
Alec Baldwin turned the tables on a stalker late Tuesday night, asking those that follow his tweets to get in touch with the user and discourage her from sending harassing notes to his girlfriend, Hilaria Thomas.
"I have some wonderful, fully engaged and sometimes critical people that I encounter here," Baldwin wrote, "Some of them, very few in fact, cross a line and, for example, attack my relationship with my daughter. One person, however, has really gone too far."
Baldwin gave out the Twitter handle of the user, @scarfacemadam, whom he said "has entered the twitter-verse ONLY to harass my girlfriend" in a way "that is borderline threatening." He asked users to "go to her address and read just a few of her posts, and give her your notice of her behavior."
The request worked -- the user, who had been encouraging Thomas to leave Baldwin, soon deleted her profile, after being inundated with harsh tweets.
"U r beyond creepy & downright disturbing. Stop harassing @alecbaldwin GF & seek psychiatric attention! (You've been served)," @UrbanTroas wrote, while @amydetjen tweeted, "You must be a very angry and lonely person to obsess over the choices another woman has made for herself. Tried counseling?" and @sarahdsings added, "It's such a shame some people are such losers they only joined Twitter to hurt people. Epic fail to the biggest loser."
Following the offending Twitter user's profile deletion, Baldwin turned to another subject: sports media.
"On a brighter note, Bart Hubbuch of the NY Post is a great NFL reporter. Yeah. I said it. The Post," he wrote.
Baldwin has, of course, made headlines on Twitter before; his addiction to the mobile game Words With Friends got him kicked off an American Airlines flight, an occurence he live-tweeted. He left Twitter for a short time after that but soon returned ahead of the 30 Rock season premiere in January.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)