Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu Heading to TV With '1%'
The drama reteams the filmmaker with MRC, which was behind his 2006 drama "Babel."
Alejandro Gonzales Inarritu, the filmmaker behind the searing dramas Babel and 21 Grams, is heading to TV.
Inarritu is developing 1%, a drama that will reunite him with frequent collaborators Nicolas Giacobone, Armando Bo and Alexander Dinelaris.
Inarritu and his cohorts created the project, which Inarritu will direct for Media Rights Capital. MRC was behind Inarritu's Babel, his 2006 drama which starred Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, among others.
The project’s details are being kept under wraps, but in keeping with its title, it will deal with wealth and its distribution.
MRC is behind the prestige Netflix series House of Cards, on which the company worked with filmmaker David Fincher. The goal for 1% is also to be a prestige series that will attract top-flight talent.
Inarritu recently wrapped Birdman, which he wrote with Giacobone, Bo and Dinelaris. The Fox Searchlight dramedy features an all-star cast that includes Emma Stone, Ed Norton, Michael Keaton and Naomi Watts, among others.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR