Alex O'Loughlin to star in 'Hawaii Five-O'
'Moonlight' star joins Daniel Dae Kim in CBS' remake
Alex O'Loughlin is the new Detective Steve McGarrett.
The "Moonlight" star has closed a deal to topline CBS' "Hawaii Five-O" remake.
He will play the role of the head of the Hawaii State Police portrayed by Jack Lord in the original series.
O'Loughlin, who was an early favorite for the part, joins recently cast "Lost" co-star Daniel Dae Kim, who will play Detective Chin Ho Kelly.
The new "Hawaii Five-O" hails from hot feature writers and "Fringe" co-creators Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci and "CSI: NY" executive producer/co-showrunner Peter Lenkov. CBS Studios is producing.
"Hawaii Five-O" marks O'Loughlin's third starring vehicle at CBS, following "Moonlight" and this season's medical drama "Three Rivers."
CBS brass certainly hope that the third time will be the charm for O'Loughlin the way it was for another network favorite, Simon Baker, who starred in CBS' short-lived drama series "The Guardian" and "Smith" before headlining hit "The Mentalist."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game