Alex Rodriguez on '60 Minutes' Report: 'It's Not True'
Speaking before the New York Yankees game against the Red Sox on Friday night, Alex Rodriguez denied that his camp implicated other players in a doping investigation.
"It’s not true," the third baseman said, according to the New York Times. "I spoke to [teammate Francisco] Cervelli this morning. Had a positive conversation. He understands it’s not true, and we’re on the same page."
A 60 Minutes report, citing two unidentified sources, alleged that members of the Yankees star's camp leaked documents in February that later implicated his teammate as well as Milwaukee Brewers player Ryan Braun in a story published earlier this year by Yahoo Sports.
Rodriguez was recently suspended for 211 games for drug use. Braun is currently serving a 65-game suspension.
The lawyer for the Yankees star, David Cornwell, said in a statement to 60 Minutes that the allegations were untrue.
"The allegations are untrue and are another attempt to harm Alex -- this time by driving a wedge between Alex and other players in the game," the statement read. "While Alex focuses on baseball and repeatedly states that he is going to respect the appeal process, the drumbeat of false allegations continues."