Alex Trebek in 'Good Spirits,' Still in Hospital Following Heart Attack
Two days after being admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, the "Jeopardy!" host continues to undergo testing.
Alex Trebek is on the mend.
The Jeopardy! host, who suffered what's been described as a mild heart attack on Saturday, is awaiting the green light from doctors to leave Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute.
Sony Pictures Television released an update on the 71-year-old TV veteran Monday afternoon, saying their host was "up and about and in good spirits while doctors complete their testing." Trebek has also been moved to a regular room and is awaiting the doctors' go-ahead to continue his recovery at home.
Trebek, who's previously suffered a heart attack in December 2007, is still expected to return to his job of the last 28 years when it goes back into production on the new season in July.
Just last summer the spry host was briefly sidelined after snapping his Achilles tendon while chasing a burglar out of his San Francisco hotel room.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills