Alex Trebek in 'Good Spirits,' Still in Hospital Following Heart Attack
Two days after being admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, the "Jeopardy!" host continues to undergo testing.
Alex Trebek is on the mend.
The Jeopardy! host, who suffered what's been described as a mild heart attack on Saturday, is awaiting the green light from doctors to leave Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute.
Sony Pictures Television released an update on the 71-year-old TV veteran Monday afternoon, saying their host was "up and about and in good spirits while doctors complete their testing." Trebek has also been moved to a regular room and is awaiting the doctors' go-ahead to continue his recovery at home.
Trebek, who's previously suffered a heart attack in December 2007, is still expected to return to his job of the last 28 years when it goes back into production on the new season in July.
Just last summer the spry host was briefly sidelined after snapping his Achilles tendon while chasing a burglar out of his San Francisco hotel room.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical