Alex Trebek's Burglar Claims She Is a Prostitute
Linda Moyers’ lawyer says she was at the Marriott to meet a client, not to burglarize the "Jeopardy" host’s room.
In a strange turn of events, the woman who is accused of attempting to rob Jeopardy host Alex Trebek’s San Francisco hotel room is claiming she wasn’t involved in the robbery, but was in the hotel working another job.
Linda Moyers has reportedly told her attorney that she is a prostitute and was in the Marriott Marquis to meet a client, according to the San Francisco Examiner.
Trebek told authorities that he chased Moyers out of his hotel room where he slept with his wife on July 26. He tore his Achilles tendon in the persuit. Prosecutors say $650, a bracelet and other items were stolen from the hotel room.
Moyers pled not guilty to the charges of of residential burglary and possession of stolen property. She remains in custody.
Mark Jacobs, Moyers’ attorney, spoke through a spokeswoman for the Public Defender’s Office, stating that Moyers was not involved in the burglary, but was there to meet a date. However, the Public Defender's office stated that when Jacobs knocked on her client’s door, no one answered. Jacobs also stated that the missing items were never found.
She claims she did not enter Trebek’s room, and ran from him because she was afraid that hotel security would discover that she was in the hotel as a prostitute.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR