Alexander Payne Fails to Overturn 'Nebraska's' R Rating
Paramount will release the feature, starring Will Forte and Bruce Dern, on Nov. 22.
Director Alexander Payne and Paramount Pictures have failed to win an appeal to the MPAA’s rating board to have the R rating given to their film Nebraska overturned.
The MPAA said Thursday that its Classification and Rating Appeals Board has upheld the R rating given to the movie for “some language.”
Payne and Stephanie Ito, head of postproduction at Paramount, appeared before the appeals board to argue their case, while the MPAA was represented by Joan Graves, CARA’s chairman.
Nebraska, which stars Will Forte and Bruce Dern as a son and his father on a cross-country road trip, is scheduled to open Nov. 22.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR