Alfre Woodard Joins 'Copper' for Second Season
The "Steel Magnolias" star will play Hattie Lemaster, a former slave recently arrived in the Five Points neighborhood of Manhattan in 1865.
TORONTO – Steel Magnolias star Alfre Woodard has joined the cast of BBC America and Showcase’s drama Copper from Cineflix Studios.
Woodard will play Hattie Lemaster, a former slave recently arrived in the Five Points neighborhood of Manhattan in 1865.
Copper, the Civil War crime drama from co-creators Tom Fontana and Will Rokos, has resumed production on a second season in Toronto.
The scripted drama follows detective Kevin Corcoran (Tom Weston-Jones), an Irish-American detective, or copper, returned from the Civil War and looking to uncover the truth about his missing wife and dead daughter in 1865 Manhattan.
The series also stars Kyle Schmid, Anastasia Griffith, Franka Potente and Ato Essandoh.
The second season of Copper will debut in the summer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)