Alfre Woodard joins 'Enemy'
Co-starring with Christian Slater in the new NBC drama
Emmy winner Alfre Woodard has been tapped to co-star opposite Christian Slater in NBC's new drama series "My Own Worst Enemy."
"Enemy," from Universal Media Studios, centers on Henry (Slater), a mild-mannered suburban dad whose alter ego, Edward, is a suave spy.
Woodard will play Mavis Heller, Edward's tough and astute boss at Janus HQ. She also has an alter ego, Helen, who gets to interact with Henry.
Woodard is the last major cast addition to "Enemy," joining Slater, Mike O'Malley, Yara Martinez and Saffron Burrows.
The project, created by Jason Smilovic, was picked up straight to series and is slated to air in the fall at Mondays 10 p.m.
Four-time Emmy winner Woodard most recently received two Emmy noms in 2006 for her yearlong stint on "Desperate Housewives" and for the miniseries "The Water Is Wide."
She is repped by ICM and manager Steve Dontanville.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack