Alice Ward, Portrayed by Melissa Leo in 'The Fighter,' Dies
4:03 PM PDT 4/27/2011 by THR staff
The mother of retired boxing champion "Irish" Micky Ward was 79 years old.
Alice Ward, who was portrayed by Melissa Leo in her Oscar-winning role in The Fighter, died early Wednesday morning in Boston. Ward, the mother of retired boxing champion "Irish" Micky Ward, was 79.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile
From our partners
- Chrissie Hynde: Don't Get Me Wrong: I Won't Stand For Cruelty to Geese
- Heather Laine Talley: Zelda Wasn't 'Crazy': How What You Don't Know About Fitzgerald Tells Us Something About 'Crazy' Women, Then and Now
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'?
- Jessica Simpson Squeezes Her Baby Bump Into Spandex