'Alice in Wonderland' to get royal premiere
World premiere to be held in London on Feb. 25
LONDON -- The world premiere of Walt Disney's Tim Burton-directed "Alice in Wonderland" is to get the Royal treatment here in the British capital on Feb. 25.
Burton will unveil his vision of the classic children's tale here in aid of The Prince's Foundation for Children & the Arts with their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall strolling up the red carpet.
The cast, including Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Anne Hathaway as the White Queen, Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen, Australian rising star Mia Wasikowska as Alice, and U.K. comedian Matt Lucas as Tweedledum and Tweedlede are all expected to be on hand for the event.
The premiere is being held in aid of The Prince's Foundation for Children & the Arts, which aims to remove barriers so that all U.K. children have the opportunity to discover the arts as a valuable and enjoyable part of life.
Burton's movie is inspired by Lewis Carroll's beloved "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking-Glass" and is brought to the big screen in Disney Digital 3D.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR