Alleged Scarlett Johansson Phone Hacker Arrested by FBI
The "Avengers" star is among a group of young celebrities who had nude photos leaked this year.
The FBI has arrested a person suspected in hacking the phone of Scarlett Johansson and other actresses, the Los Angeles Times reports.
The investigation, named Operation Hackerazzi, did not name other victims, but Vanessa Hudgens and Juliianne Hough are also believed to be on the list.
The FBI will offer more details about the arrest at a Wednesday press conference. TMZ.com cites sources that authorities believe the man acted alone in breaking into celebrity phones. This goes against a hacking group who have said they are responsible.
Law enforcement sources tell the Times that they have been investigating the hacking for a year -- before Johansson's story hit the press.
Last month, Johansson spoke to CNN about having nude photos of herself leaked.
"It feels unjust. It feels wrong," said The Avengers star.
"Who doesn't want to protect their own privacy?" she told CNN. "Just because you're an actor or make films or whatever doesn't mean you're not entitled to your own personal privacy.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR