Alliance Films Inks First-Look Deal With Niv Fichman's Rhombus Media
The company has picked up a number of Sundance films ahead of the festival, including "The Son of No One" and "The Guard."
Alliance Films has struck a first-look deal with producer Niv Fichman’s Rhombus Media.
As part of the distribution deal, the two companies will collaborate on all stages of production, including development, casting, marketing and financing.
Alliance and Rhombus have previously partnered on such films as The Red Violin and Silk as well as Hobo With a Shutgun, starring Rutger Hauer, which will have its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival as part of the Midnight at Park City sidebar.
Alliance Films will release Hobo in Canada and the U.K. (via its Momentum Pictures). Magnolia is releasing in the U.S., and TF1 is handling international sales.
Alliance has also picked up a number of Sundance titles in advance of the fest: Dito Montiel’s The Son of No One, starring Channing Tatum and Al Pacino, which Alliance acquired for Canada and Spain; Andre Oderval’s The Troll Hunter for Canada and the U.K. (Momentum); The Guard, starring Brendan Gleason and Don Cheadle for Canada; and Rob Minkoff’s Flypaper, starring Patrick Dempsey and Ashley Judd for Spain (via Aurum).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR