Alliance Films' Momentum Strikes Content Deal With Lovefilm
Deal allows members of the movie rental site to watch catalogue of movies online
TORONTO – Canadian indie movie distributor Alliance Films's British unit has struck a supply deal with online and postal movie renter Lovefilm for exclusive one-year access to select library movie titles.
The content deal allows members of the European movie rental site to watch online or on Internet-enabled devices a catalogue of Momentum movie titles via the Lovefilm player.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Around 30 titles will initially be available from the Momentum back catalogue, including the Millennium trilogy series The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.
"We successfully launched Lovefilm on the PS3 last week. These new, never-been-seen-before on subscription TV titles will drive growth on that new service in the heart of the living room," Simon Calver, CEO of Lovefilm, said in a statement.
The deal was unveiled by Calver and Nick Smith, head of TV and new media sales at Momentum, a division of Montreal-based Alliance Films.
The Alliance Films deal follows a similar U.K. distribution deal between Lovefilm and MGM (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lovefilm-inks-uk-distribution-deal...).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10