Allison Janney books 'Sunshine'
Actress to play Matthew Perry's boss on project
"The West Wing" alumna Allison Janney has been tapped to co-star opposite Matthew Perry on ABC's "Mr. Sunshine."
The single-camera project, from Sony TV and Jamie Tarses' Fanfare, stars Perry as the manager of an aging San Diego stadium who realizes on his 40th birthday that he can no longer get by on just his charming, noncommittal ways.
Janney will play his boss, Crystal, who runs the arena.
"Sunshine" is based on an idea by Perry, who penned the script with Alex Barnow and Marc Firek. Tommy Schlamme is directing.
In addition to "Mr. Sunshine," Janney is attached to Showtime's drama pilot "Shameless." She has a pivotal recurring role on the project, which reunites her with her "West Wing" executive producer John Wells.
It is a reunion at "Mr. Sunshine" too where Janney gets to work again with "West Wing" director-exec producer Schlamme and Perry, who did an arc on the White House drama.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"