Allison Janney books 'Sunshine'
Actress to play Matthew Perry's boss on project
"The West Wing" alumna Allison Janney has been tapped to co-star opposite Matthew Perry on ABC's "Mr. Sunshine."
The single-camera project, from Sony TV and Jamie Tarses' Fanfare, stars Perry as the manager of an aging San Diego stadium who realizes on his 40th birthday that he can no longer get by on just his charming, noncommittal ways.
Janney will play his boss, Crystal, who runs the arena.
"Sunshine" is based on an idea by Perry, who penned the script with Alex Barnow and Marc Firek. Tommy Schlamme is directing.
In addition to "Mr. Sunshine," Janney is attached to Showtime's drama pilot "Shameless." She has a pivotal recurring role on the project, which reunites her with her "West Wing" executive producer John Wells.
It is a reunion at "Mr. Sunshine" too where Janney gets to work again with "West Wing" director-exec producer Schlamme and Perry, who did an arc on the White House drama.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Vanessa Hudgens Flashes Her Calvins in Low Slung Shorts!
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!