Alyson Hannigan Granted Restraining Order Against Internet Stalker
John Hobbs, recently released from a New Hampshire mental hospital, has been making serious online threats against the "How I Met Your Mother" star.
A judge has granted How I Met Your Mother star Alyson Hannigan a restraining order against a man who made threats on the Internet that he would rape and kill the actress.
According to Hannigan's petition, New Hampshire resident John Hobbs, 43, has over the course of the past two months posted "a barrage of threatening messages directed at me and my family on various websites." Hannigan wrote that Hobbs suggested he would rape her and take her to "the after-life."
Hobbs recently was released from a mental hospital, the Associated Press reports. He reportedly has been contacted by police in his hometown of Nashua, N.H., where Hobbs acknowledged wanting to meet the 38-year-old actress.
The officer at the scene wrote that Hobbs "seemed to be living in an alternate reality." Hannigan wrote in the petition that she was "in severe fear for my safety and the safety of my family."
On March 6, a judge will decide whether the restraining order should be extended for three years. The current order also covers Hannigan's husband, Alexis Denisof, and their children, ages 1 and 3.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR