Alyssa Milano to Take Over NHL Twitter Account at Los Angeles Kings Game
The "Charmed" star will tweet from her seat in the Staples Center as her team takes on the Phoenix Coyotes Thursday night during the hockey league's western conference final.
TORONTO – There’s nothing new in Hollywood stars-turned-hockey fans taking over giant video screens in National Hockey League arenas, especially the Staples Center in Los Angeles and Madison Square Garden in Manhattan.
But now that the breakout Los Angeles Kings are deep in the race for the Stanley Cup, the NHL is handing Alyssa Milano control of its @NHL Twitter account Thursday night during game 3 of the team’s western conference final against the Phoenix Coyotes.
Milano, a Kings’ season ticket holder, will tweet from her seat in the Staples Center, armed with the NHL Twitter account's login from which to send tweets directly from her smartphone.
The Charmed star will be accompanied Thursday night by husband and CAA agent David Bugliari, a fellow season ticket holder.
The Kings lead the Coyotes 2-0 as their best-of-seven game series continues.
Milano regularly addresses her Twitter followers, not least with observations on motherhood and last year’s Michael Jackson manslaughter trial.
But this marks the first time the NHL has given up control of its Twitter account to an entertainment or sports celebrity, according to the league.
The Kings-Coyote game will air on NBC Sports Network in the U.S. and on TSN and RDS in Canada.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!