Amanda Bynes' Parents File for Conservatorship (Report)
Rick and Lynn Bynes are set to appear at a court hearing on Friday.
The parents of Amanda Bynes are reportedly seeking temporary conservatorship of the 27-year-old actress.
The couple have already filed sealed court documents in Ventura County Superior Courthouse in Oxnard that highlight the series of recent erratic activity by the actress, according to RadarOnline and TMZ.
Earlier this week, Ventura County Sheriff's Dept. Sgt. Eric Buschow told The Hollywood Reporter the actress was placed under a 72-hour psychiatric hold after starting a small fire outside a home in Thousand Oaks. The home belonged to an elderly woman that Bynes did not have any prior association with.
The actress, who grew up in Thousand Oaks, was subsequently checked into a hospital for a mental evaluation.
The scheduled hearing has drawn comparisons to a case involving Britney Spears. In 2008, Spears' father, Jamie, was granted temporary conservatorship over the then-26-year-old singer after she exhibited erratic behavior.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!