Amanda Bynes' Parents File for Conservatorship (Report)
Rick and Lynn Bynes are set to appear at a court hearing on Friday.
The parents of Amanda Bynes are reportedly seeking temporary conservatorship of the 27-year-old actress.
The couple have already filed sealed court documents in Ventura County Superior Courthouse in Oxnard that highlight the series of recent erratic activity by the actress, according to RadarOnline and TMZ.
Earlier this week, Ventura County Sheriff's Dept. Sgt. Eric Buschow told The Hollywood Reporter the actress was placed under a 72-hour psychiatric hold after starting a small fire outside a home in Thousand Oaks. The home belonged to an elderly woman that Bynes did not have any prior association with.
The actress, who grew up in Thousand Oaks, was subsequently checked into a hospital for a mental evaluation.
The scheduled hearing has drawn comparisons to a case involving Britney Spears. In 2008, Spears' father, Jamie, was granted temporary conservatorship over the then-26-year-old singer after she exhibited erratic behavior.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR