Amanda Knox Lifetime Movie to Be Updated After Verdict
The network plans to re-air the movie tonight.
Lifetime's movie about the Amanda Knox trial will be updated after an Italian court overturned its guilty verdict on Monday.
Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy starred Hayden Panettiere as Knox. It aired last February despite protests by the Knox family, who felt it could sway the court as they continued to fight for her release.
A spokesperson for Lifetime tells the Los Angeles Times that whenever the telepic is shown, it will also include several sentences updating the case, which will air before and after.
Lifetime will broadcast the movie again Tuesday night -- about 24 hours after the verdict was revealed, and as Knox remains a hot topic in the media.
Panettiere declined to comment on the Knox verdict via her manager.
Knox was arrested in 2009 along with a then-boyfriend for allegedly stabbing her roommate, Meredith Kercher, to death. Kercher's body was found in 2007. Knox was sentenced to 26 years in jail; of which she served four years.
Know is en route back to the United States from Italy.
HBO recently re-edited telepic Paradise Lost: Purgatory after the West Memphis Three were released from prison in August.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)