Amanda Knox Special Draws 700,000 Viewers for BBC
The hour-long "Is Amanda Knox Guilty?" was the first order from the London office of NBC News' Peacock Productions and aired on young-skewing network BBC Three.
LONDON – A special on the Amanda Knox trial from NBC News' Peacock Productions, the first commission out of the company's new London office, drew an average audience of 707,600 for Britain's BBC Three Monday night.
Ratings advisory firm Attentional told THR that this was an above-benchmark ratings performance for the young-skewing network of the U.K. public broadcaster. BBC Three averages an audience share of 1.97 percent in the 9 p.m. Tuesday time slot, and the Knox special reached a 3.02 percent share, according to Attentional.
The one-hour documentary Is Amanda Knox Guilty? focused on the latest developments in the Knox case. She was found guilty for the second time by an Italian judge on Jan. 30.
The special was produced by filmmakers and journalists Paul Russell and Andrea Vogt, who have followed the Meredith Kercher murder case since it began in Nov. 2007.
The documentary included interviews with Stephanie and Lyle Kercher, Meredith's sister and brother, as well as lawyers and experts from the prosecution and defense.
BBC Knowledge's Carol Sennett and Zai Bennett, controller of BBC Three, had recently ordered the Knox special.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)