Amanda Peet is '2012' lead
John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor among cast
Amanda Peet has landed the female lead in Roland Emmerich's epic disaster project "2012."
Peet is joining a strong ensemble cast led by John Cusack that includes Chiwetel Ejiofor, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover and Oliver Platt.
"2012" revolves around a global cataclysm and the heroic struggle of the survivors. Peet is playing Cusack's ex-wife, newly married to a wealthy man. Cusack plays a divorced father trying to become a writer while holding a job as a limo driver.
Emmerich wrote the script with Harald Kloser, who is producing with Mark Gordon and Larry Franco. Emmerich also is executive producing with Michael Wimer and Ute Emmerich.
Columbia's Matt Tolmach and Rachel O'Connor are overseeing for the studio.
Barring an actors strike, the movie will shoot in July. The release date for "2012" is July 10, 2009.
Peet, repped by Gersh and Management 360, is shooting Nicole Holofcener's untitled comedy and will appear in the upcoming "The X-Files" movie.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR