Amanda Peet is '2012' lead
John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor among cast
Amanda Peet has landed the female lead in Roland Emmerich's epic disaster project "2012."
Peet is joining a strong ensemble cast led by John Cusack that includes Chiwetel Ejiofor, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover and Oliver Platt.
"2012" revolves around a global cataclysm and the heroic struggle of the survivors. Peet is playing Cusack's ex-wife, newly married to a wealthy man. Cusack plays a divorced father trying to become a writer while holding a job as a limo driver.
Emmerich wrote the script with Harald Kloser, who is producing with Mark Gordon and Larry Franco. Emmerich also is executive producing with Michael Wimer and Ute Emmerich.
Columbia's Matt Tolmach and Rachel O'Connor are overseeing for the studio.
Barring an actors strike, the movie will shoot in July. The release date for "2012" is July 10, 2009.
Peet, repped by Gersh and Management 360, is shooting Nicole Holofcener's untitled comedy and will appear in the upcoming "The X-Files" movie.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'