Amanda Peet Signs On for NBC Pilot (Exclusive)
11:27 AM PST 2/10/2011 by Marisa Guthrie
Amanda Peet has been locked in for the lead in the NBC pilot Bent. Peet will play a Type A divorced mom who tries not to fall for the “surfer-dude” contractor she hires to redo her kitchen. The single camera comedy is from writer/executive producer Tad Quill of Scrubs fame and is part of Quill’s overall deal with UMS. It also brings Peet back into the NBC fold, where she starred in Aaron Sorkin’s Saturday Night Live-esque Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Meanwhile, sources say Minnie Driver is close to signing on to the NBC pilot, Free Agents. It is an adaptation of a British series about co-workers at a Hollywood talent agency – one getting over a divorce and the other a broken engagement. It’s from Party Down’s John Enbom. Driver has not been a TV regular since co-starring with Eddie Izzard in FX’s critically hailed but low-rated The Riches, which ended in 2008.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!