Amanda Seyfried in Final Negotiations for 'Les Miserables'
The actress joins a cast that includes Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway.
Amanda Seyfried is in final negotiations to join the high-profile cast of Universal and Working Title's big-screen musical adaptation of Les Miserables.
Tom Hooper (The King’s Speech) is directing the movie, whose cast includes Hugh Jackman as convicted bread stealer Jean Valjean and Russell Crowe as Inspector Javert. Anne Hathaway and Eddie Redmayne are also confirmed for the roll call.
Seyfried will play Cosette, who comes under the guardianship of Valjean.
William Nicholson wrote the script and the movie will use Claude-Michel Schoenberg's score from the popular musical, which is based on the Victor Hugo book.
Seyfried last appeared starred in In Time and is currently shooting Lovelace, in which she stars as porn icon Linda Lovelace.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack