Amanda Seyfried to Star in Universal Comedy 'He's F-ing Perfect'
Will Ferrell and Adam McKay are producing the comedy, which was written by McKay's former assistant.
Amanda Seyfried has signed a deal to star in He’s F---ing Perfect, a comedy being produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay and their Gary Sanchez Productions banner alongside Good Universe.
Jake Szymanski, who has helmed many Funny or Die skits, is attached to direct.
Perfect is the story of one woman, pessimistic in love, who regularly uses the Internet to research the men her friends are dating, acting as a vetting device for them to weed out losers. Things take a turn when she gets a friend to dump a new guy in order to steal the man for herself, using her social media savvy to turn herself into his perfect match.
Fox 2000 initially picked up the script, written by McKay’s former assistant Lauryn Kahn, in a $1 million deal in late 2011. Emma Stone had been circling the project at the time but is not currently involved. Universal picked it up out of turnaround in June.
Seyfried played Cosette in Les Miserables, which Universal financed and distributed, and starred as Linda Lovelace in Lovelace. She just wrapped a turn in Seth McFarlane’s latest feature comedy, A Million Ways to Die in the West.
She is repped by Innovative.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!