Amanda Seyfried tapped for ShoWest nod
'Dear John' star named breakthrough female of the year
Amanda Seyfried, star of Summit Entertainment's upcoming "Letters to Juliet," will be honored at ShoWest as breakthrough female star of the year.
Seyfried, who most recently starred in Sony's "Dear John," will be feted Thursday at an awards gala set to close the annual exhibition confab. ShoWest opens Monday at the Bally's and Paris hotels in Las Vegas.
"The diversity in the characters Seyfried has portrayed and the strength of her performances -- from the airhead in 'Mean Girls' to the singing dreamer in 'Mamma Mia!' -- have quickly made her a hot young film actress in recent years," ShoWest managing director Robert Sunshine said.
"Juliet" will screen Tuesday at ShoWest.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10