AMAs 2011: Nicki Minaj Gives Electric Performance with David Guetta
Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez sang along to “Super Bass” from the audience at the 39th annual show.
Nicki Minaj opened up the 39th Annual American Music Awards with an electrifying performance.
The rapper, who took home awards for favorite rap/hip hop artist and favorite album in the same category, performed “Turn Me On” with DJ David Guetta. She then transitioned into “Where Them Girls At” and, finally, her hit “Super Bass.”
Of course Minaj’s outfit stole the show: she was head-to-toe in metal with speakers on her butt and what appeared to be volume knobs on her chest.
The best part of the performance? Her famous fans: Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez were caught singing along to “Super Bass” from the audience, and appeared to know all the words. Guess they can give 8-year-old YouTube star—and Ellen Show favorite—“Princess” Sophia Grace a run for her money.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR