'Amazing Race,' 'Undercover Boss' Renewed by CBS
The network's Sunday reality series are picked up for 19th and third seasons, respectively.
The Amazing Race and Undercover Boss will live to see another season.
CBS will announce Monday that it has renewed both reality series, for 19th and third seasons, respectively.
The news follows another reliable showing from Race in the fall. Despite steep competition from NFL games on NBC, the seven-time Emmy winner delivered nearly 12 million viewers, matching the prior year's overall viewership and posting slight gains in the younger demos. Race was up 3% among the 18-49 set and 2% with adults 25-54, according to Nielsen. Thus far this spring, the show's 18th iteration, which is being broadcast in HD for the first time, has averaged 10 million weekly viewers.
Undercover Boss, too, remains a strong asset for CBS, anchoring the eye's Sunday lineup, with 12.3 million viewers, on average, tuning in this season. The Emmy-nominated series, which has taken audiences behind the scenes at such companies as Nascar, DirecTV and Subway, benefited from a plum post Super Bowl slot last winter. It rounded out its first season the year's top-rated new show.
Season-to-date, CBS is down 2% in total viewers, and 9% among the advertiser-beloved 18-49 demographic, compared to the same period a year earlier. Though some of the net's longer-running series are showing their age, CBS continues to have a disproportionate number of shows in the top 10, including The Mentalist, Criminal Minds and both NCIS properties.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game