'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Gets Imax Release
The Sony sequel, starring Andrew Garfield, will be digitally remastered in 3D for a giant-screen run.
TORONTO -- Sony Pictures Entertainment will release The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in Imax theaters internationally, starting April 16. It will hit U.S. Imax theaters on May 2.
The giant-screen exhibitor will digitally remaster the tentpole in 3D.
"After the enormous worldwide success of The Amazing Spider-Man, we're looking forward to partnering again with Marc Webb, Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach and our friends at Sony Pictures to offer Imax fans around the world an opportunity to experience this highly anticipated film in the immersive Imax 3D format," Imax Entertainment CEO Greg Foster said in a statement.
Andrew Garfield returns as Peter Parker/Spider-Man in Marc Webb's sequel. The film co-stars Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Chris Cooper and Dane DeHaan.
The sequel was written by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner and is based on the Marvel comic book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.
Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack