Amazon Taking on Netflix With New Unlimited Streaming Initiative
Netflix, which charges $7.99 a month for a similar service, saw its stock drop after the announcement that Amazon Prime customers will be able to stream movies and TV shows for no extra charge.
Netflix on Tuesday struck a deal to make dozens of CBS shows available for on-demand streaming, but investors seemed more interested in an announcement earlier in the day from Amazon.com, which has suddenly become a wealthy and powerful competitor.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR