Amazon's LoveFilm Adds 'Jersey Shore,' 'Teen Mom' to U.K. Streaming Service
The new deal with Viacom International Media Networks covers a slew of shows from MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central and also includes "The Hills" and "Dora The Explorer."
LONDON – Amazon's U.K. online streaming video service LoveFilm on Thursday unveiled a licensing deal with Viacom International Media Networks for a slew of programming, including reality TV hits Jersey Shore, Teen Mom and The Hills.
The deal gives LoveFilm content from Viacom's portfolio of channels, including MTV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Comedy Central. Financial terms weren't disclosed.
Ashton Kutcher’s celebrity prank show Punk’d will also be available to stream.
LoveFilm also will make a slew of children’s entertainment available, such as Dora The Explorer, Blue’s Clues and SpongeBob SquarePants.
LoveFilm content strategy director Chris Bird said the deal with Viacom will increase the variety of shows offered. David Lynn, executive vp and managing director of Viacom International Media Networks U.K. said it was a great way to allow audiences to "access some of [the company]’s most well-known content across any device." He added: "This partnership will create a fantastic gateway through which fans can view their favorite VIMN shows."
The deal follows a LoveFilm pact with NBCUniversal for additional kids content.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR